This is an extensively revised edition that covers the new syllabus for the GCE O Level Biology Examination. The well designed and illustrated book comprises 25 units, each of which prominently displays the following features:
- Learning Objectives given at the start of each chapter highlight the key points covered in the chapter.
- Investigation centres on experiments related to the topics because of their importance in explaining the concepts.
- Assignment focuses on application of relevant concepts and is structured to develop thinking, investigative and research skills.
- Encourages use of internet resources, computer software to obtain information, gather and present data and manipulate graphic images.
- The Thinking Room makes use of a graphic organizer to help students visualize and manage thinking processes.
- Test Yourself helps students to assess progress while Analysis and Comprehension focus on testing analytical and comprehension skills.
- Key Ideas summarize main ideas in the text while Summary and Concept Maps at the end of the chapter are ideal tools for revision.
- Exercise provides a selection of examination-type questions at the end of each chapter.