CSS English Essay Online Preparation:
Get Exclusive Video Series with 3rd Position Holder in CSS 2018
- Introduction To CSS Essay Exam
- Understanding The Topic And Writing A Thesis Statement
- Forming An Outline For Your Essay
- Writing An Attractive Introduction
- Paragraph And Sentence Structure
- Flow Of The Essay
- Writing A Strong Conclusion
The details for each part in the CSS English Essay series are given below:
Lecture-1 Introduction to CSS Essay Exam
Introduction of the Instructor- Abrahim Shah (3rd position in CSS 2018, 61 marks in Essay)
This is a 7 part lecture series which will cover the following areas of CSS exam paper:
– Essentials of a High Scoring Essay: how to improve structure, flow and coherence.
– Why do students fail to perform well in Essay exam.
– Things to avoid while writing Essays in CSS exams
– Understanding and Selecting the Topic and Developing a Thesis Statement
– How to write an effective and high scoring Outline that stands out
– Pillars of Coherence:Improving Paragraph structure and sentence structure
– Tips and Tricks to write a Unique Introduction (using a gripping start with proverbs, quotes, case study examples)
– How to write the perfect conclusion to your essay.
Lecture-2 Understanding the topic and Writing a Thesis Statement
– How to narrow down your topic selection
– Which topics to avoid in the Essay Exam
– Understanding the demand of the topic
– Highlighting keywords of a topic
– Developing a Thesis Statement for your Essay
– Framework of a Thesis Statement.
Lecture-3 Forming an Outline for your Essay
– How to write a high scoring outline
– What does an outline consist of:
- Thesis Statement
- Case Studies
- Way Forward/ solutions
– Looking at Sample outlines from the book
Lecture-4 Writing an attractive Introduction
– What is an Introduction-Snapshot
– How to write a high scoring Introduction
- Structure of the Introduction
- Gripping Start
- Reflection of the Entire Essay
- Thesis Statement
- Adding quotes and statistics
– Reading through examples of introduction from sample essays
Lecture-5 Paragraph and Sentence Structure
– Paragraph Structure (mini essay)
– Topic Sentence- meaning and significance
– Identifying Topic Sentences from examples in the book
– Developing the topic sentence: (body of the paragraph)
- Adding statistics
- Elaborating the topic sentence
– Concluding the paragraph.
– Reading Sample paragraphs to develop better understanding
Lecture-6 Flow of the Essay
Developing coherence and flow:
– Between Paragraphs
- Topic Sentence
- Connector Paragraphs
– Between sentences
Types of Paragraphs in CSS Essay
Reading through examples to highlight flow and coherence.
Lecture-7 Writing a strong conclusion
– Recap of the lecture series
– How to write a strong conclusion
- Sum up the Essay
- Condense your arguments
- Reiterate the thesis statement
– Using phrases like “in conclusion, in summary’
– Using more assertive language
– Connecting with the Introduction (Coherence)
– No new ideas to be introduced in the conclusion
– Reading through examples of sample conclusions
– Final Advice
Assignments Assessment At The End Of Each Video
High Scoring Essay Guide 2020
Which CSS books are best?
Here is a list of highly recommended books and preparation series for CSS preparation:
- High Scoring CSS Essays Online Series by Abrahim Shah
- CSS High Scoring English Precis & Composition by Career Finder
- CSS Current Affairs Package (with Online Learning) by Dogar Brothers
- Integrated CSS Pakistan Affairs Preparation Package
- Who is Who and What Is What Book by Dogar Brothers
How to start CSS Preparation at home?
Here are some steps to follow for CSS preparation at home:
- Know the Basics of the CSS Exam.
- Get the Right Books for the CSS Exam.
- Read the Right Newspaper and Magazines.
- Prepare a Schedule and Follow It.
- Prepare Online with Tabir.pk to get exclusive Online guidance